Natural Spectral Gamma Ray
The QL40-SGR probe measures the total gamma counts in API as well as the full energy spectrum of the natural gamma radiations emitted naturally from within the formations.
A Full Spectrum Analysis (FSA)1 is performed on the recorded energy spectra. The FSA derives in real time the concentration of the three main radioisotopes 40K, 212 Th and 238U and thus provides insight into the mineral composition of the formations. The QL40 SGR is equipped with a scintillation BGO (Bismuth Germanium Oxyde) crystal. The BGO crystal has a high scintillation efficiency, good energy resolution and is mechanically strong.
The QL40-SGR is supplied as an inline sub. It can be combined with other logging tools of the QL40 (Quick Link) product line or can be operated as a standalone tool. It is compatible with Matrix, Scout and ALTlogger acquisition systems.
QL Stack Possibilities
- QL40SGR + QL40IP (Induced Polarization) + QL40HM453 (Magnetic Susceptibility): Mining, Exploration
- QL40SGR + QL40OBI (Optical Televiewer): Exploration, Bedding Planes, and Fractures in Dry holes
- QL40SGR + QL40ABI (Acoustic Televiewer): Exploration, Bedding Planes, and Fractures in Fluid-filled holes
- QL40SGR + QL40ELOG (Resistivity) + QL40FTC (Fluid Res, Temp): Hydrogeologist’s or Environmentalist’s Tool, Groundwater exploration and assessment
- QL40SGR + QL40DEV (Deviation): Lithology, Borehole location
- QL40SGR + QL40IND (Dual Induction): Clay Analysis through PVC Casing
NaI (Tl) crystal ( 1 x 4”) BGO crystal ( 1 x 4”)
Temperature – Pressure
0-70°C (32-158°F) 200 bar (2900 psi)
Diameter – Length
40 mm (1.6”) – 0.93 m (36”)
6 kg (13 lbs)
256 channels spectrum
spectrum stabilized (software)
Window gamma counts
Total gamma counts in CPS and/or API unit