BOREHOLE LOGGING SYSTEM
Combining their long experience in the slimhole logging industry Mount Sopris and ALT have teamed up to develop the MATRIX, providing a single solution to the multiplication of telemetry standards seen in the logging tool industry over the last decade. Since its introduction in 2006 the system has become the system of choice for a diverse range of end users acquiring borehole data in the mineral exploration, groundwater, geotechnical, and environmental industries.
- Uses the latest Digital Signal Processor (DSP) technology directly linked to the wireline through a pair of ultra fast high-resolution A/D and D/A converters.
- Supports all ALT & Mount Sopris tools, most analog tools and a wide range of 3rd party tools.
- Telemetry automatically adjusts for operation on most common wireline lengths and configurations.
- Settings totally software controlled (incl. depth encoder and wireline tension).
- Real time data display and printing using MATRIX software. Windows printer support, ALT and LAS data output.
- Support of sophisticated software tools such as digital scope, spectrum analysis and histograms for signal tuning and access to configuration database.
- Lightweight portable, but extremely robust and adaptable.
Generated wave types: SV
Signal frequencies: Up to 500 Hz (depending on geology and borehole distance)
Operational depth: Up to 100 m
Source length: 1015 mm
Source weight: 6 kg
Cable weight per metre: 377 g
Borehole diameter: 75-100 mm (or larger if spacers are used)
Clamping system: Infatable bladder
Depth indicator: Cable marking every 2 m
Connector: To impulse generator IPG800 or IPG5000
Storage: On drum
Switch box: Switch between two vertical shot directions