CoreCAD is an interactive digital core description application based on the comprehensive well data display capability of the WellCAD package. Developed by and for geologists, the software offers a dedicated workspace with zoom & snap options, workflow templates, and fast data entry. These tools will allow the geologist to input core descriptions faster and transformed directly into digital format.
As soon as data is inserted into the CoreCAD workspace the underlying WellCAD composite log chart and its final layout is updated in real time.
CoreCAD allows the setting up of customised workflow schemes and layout templates in order to handle clastic, carbonate and outcrop descriptions.
- Allows easy and efficient digital and graphical description of cores
- All parameters described graphically are stored as real digital data – ready to export
- Multiple depth system management
- Import core photographs
- Import hand drafted core descriptions, digitise the data or integrate them into composite log charts
- Fully customisable system for easy and quick creation of all core description data types from biostratigraphy, to diagenetic
Typical clastic core description workflow
The CoreCAD workspace provides an interactive environment to describe user defined depth intervals (e.g. boxes or outcrops) in detail. The final core description chart is updated in real time with data acquired in CoreCAD.
Core description workflow, symbol libraries can be customized to meet the reservoir specific requirements and the sedimentologist’s ways of working.
Each parameter is described in its own workspace. All necessary data management
and workspace layout control are combined in a toolbar. The toolbar content adapts automatically to the parameter being described.
Final composite log document
Further data as borehole images, wire line data, sedimentological core information and
conventional core analysis may be integrated to create a Well composite log. Data sets can be accurately calibrated and correlated at high-resolution scale (lithofacies interpretation